The Baptist Children’s Village
Sean A. Milner became the 11th executive director of The Baptist Children’s Village in November 2016. Prior to coming to The BCV Milner was a successful attorney in Clinton, MS, served on the Mississippi State Ethics Commission and numerous other community boards including a Christian school. Milner is no stranger to The Baptist Children’s Village. In the spring of 1969 he arrived at The BCV, the place that would be his home for the next 18 years. As a resident of The BCV, he lived on both the India Nunnery Campus in Jackson and at, what was then, the New Albany Satellite Campus. While at The BCV, Milner graduated from W. P. Daniel High School in New Albany and received his undergraduate degree in Psychology from Mississippi College in 1987 with a minor in English. He completed his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from The Mississippi College School of Law in 1993. He and his wife, Elizabeth, are active members of Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton. They are the parents of two adult children, Rebecca and Nathaniel.
- Executive Director of Baptist Children’s Village for 4.5 years
- Involved in the passage of The Children’s Promise Act in Mississippi.
- BS degree in Psychology from Mississippi College in 1987
- Doctor of jurisprudence from the Mississippi College School of Law in 1993
- Practiced law in his own firm (Milner & Nixon, PLLC) for 23 years.
- Areas of practice included counseling and litigating domestic and child custody matters, real estate, contracts, criminal defense and wills & estates.
2021 Conference Session: Introduction to Legislative Change and Impacting Regulations